In Lika and Gorski kotar mountain areas, in the area of Karlovac, Zadar and Šibenik there are winter driving conditions, including the A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway between Kikovica and Bosiljevo II junctions and the DC1 Jastrebarsko-Korenica-Gračac-Knin and DC3 Karlovac-Delnice-Kikovica state roads.
Most roads are wet and due to low temperatures they can be very slippery, especially bridges and viaducts. Rock sliding is possible. Due to fog visibility is reduced. In the northern coastal area and in the eastern parts it is occasionally snowing too.
For freight vehicles with trailers there is currently no open road connecting the interior with Istria and the northern coastal area.
Due to strong wind passenger traffic is allowed only:
- on the A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway between Delnice and Kikovica junctions.
On the section of the DC8 Adriatic road Senj-Karlobag there is a traffic ban on: doubledeckers, trailers and motorcycles, from Bakar to Senj, from Karlobag to Sveta Marija Magdalena on the DC8, on the A7 motorway between Draga and Šmrika junctions and on the LC58107 Križišće-Kraljevica local road on the delivery vans and vehicles with covered cargo area too.
Wind is blowing also on the A1 motorway from Sveti Rok tunnel to Maslenica bridge (driving speed limit of 60 km/h).
Due to winter driving conditions there is a traffic ban on freight vehicles with a trailer and all other vehicles have to use the winter equipment on the following roads
of Lika mountain area and in the county of Karlovac, Zadar and Šibenik:
of Gorski kotar mountain area and in the northern coastal area:
- DC1 Jastrebarsko-Karlovac-Korenica-Udbina-Gračac-Knin;
- DC3 Karlovac (D1)-Duga Resa (D23)-Bosanci (D204)-Zdihovo;
- DC8 Senj-Karlobag-Sveta Marija Magdalena;
- DC23 Duga Resa-Josipdol-Kapela-Žuta Lokva-Senj;
- DC25 Gospić-Karlobag;
- DC27 Gračac-Zaton Obrovački;
- DC42 Ljubošina-Ogulin junction (A1)-Josipdol (D23); Josipdol (D23)-Poljanak-Selište Drežničko (D1) and at Poljanak;
- DC50 Žuta Lokva-Špilnik-Lički Osik-Gospić-Štikada and at Gračac;
- DC52 Špilnik-Korenica;
- DC204 Pribanjci border crossing-Bosanci (D3); Bosanci (D3)-Bosiljevo 1 junction (A1);
- DC218 Užljebić-Donji Lapac-Bjelopolje;
- DC429 Selište Drežničko-Prijeboj (D1);
- DC522 Udbina (D1) junction-Gornja Ploča junction (A1);
- DC546 Bregana-Stojdraga-Krašić-Vrh Draganićki;
- DC547 D50-Sv. Rok-Mali Alan - closed for all traffic;
- ŽC5103 Dobro Selo-Srb;
- ŽC5217 Dobroselo-Mazin;
- regional roads in the area of Gračac;
of the central parts:
- A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway, section Kikovica-Bosiljevo II;
- A7 Rupa-Rijeka motorway, section Diračje-Rupa border crossing;
- DC3 Zdihovo-Delnice-Gornje Jelenje-Kikovica;
- DC8 Jurdani-Pasjak;
- DC32 Prezid-Delnice;
- DC42 Stubica-Ogulinski Hreljin;
- DC203 Brod na Kupi-Delnice;
- DC305 Parg-Čabar;
- DC501 Gornje Jelenje-Oštrovica-Meja;
- ŽC5030 Platak-Kamenjak;
- ŽC5032 Crni Lug-Mrzle Vodice-Gornje Jelenje;
- ŽC5034 Vrbovsko-Ravna Gora-Kupjak;
- ŽC5068 Hreljin-Zlobin-Fužine;
- ŽC5191 Sopač-Mrkopalj-Tuk;
- ŽC5110 Klenovica-Alan;
- ŽC5094/2 Breze-Stalak;
- regional and local roads in the area of Delnice, Čabar and Vrbovsko;
- state, regional and local roads in the area of Zagreb and Krapina.
During the day difficulties can occur in roadwork areas.
Drivers are asked to be patient, to adjust the driving style and speed to the road conditions, to keep distance and not to start the journey without winter equipment. The headlights have to be on during the day as well (1 November-31 March).
Until 15 April 2021 winter equipment is mandatory on Croatian roads with frequent winter driving conditions.
Restrictions in traffic:
A1 Zagreb-Split-Ploče motorway:
- until 30 December at Dabar bridge at 331st km one lane is free only in each direction (driving speed limit of 80 km/h); Vrpolje-sjever rest area (in direction Zagreb) will be closed for all traffic;
A2 Zagreb-Macelj motorway:
- one lane is free only between Zaprešić and Sveti Križ Začretje junctions 20th-23rd km, 27th-30th km as well as on the section Krapina-Sveti Križ Začretje (in the roadwork area);
Krk bridge/DC102 state road:
- 1st-2nd km one lane is free only in each direction until 20 December (driving speed limit of 30 km/h);
A8/A9 highway in Istria:
- there are traffic bans on the following sections: Cerovlje junction-Lupoglav junction (max. width 3m), Lupoglav junction-Vranja junction in direction Rijeka a traffic ban on abnormal load; Vranja junction-Lupoglav junction in direction Istria (max. width 3 m);
DC2 state road:
- traffic is suspended between Osijek and Bizovac until 15 December;
DC8 Adriatic road:
- 1 December 2020-3 May 2021 at Podgora one lane is free only;
- traffic is closed between Baćina village (Pećina part) and Čeveljuša junction due to roadwork until February 2021, detour: DC8-Baćina-Kula-Karamatići-Rogotin-DC8;
DC45 Veliki Zdenci-Garešnica state road:
- traffic is suspended at the place Hercegovac until 19 December, detour for passenger traffic: Veliki Zdenci-Ilovski Klokočevac-Tomašica-Kajgana-Garešnica;
DC70 Omiš (DC8)-Naklice-Gata-Blato n/C junction (A1) state road:
- every day 9am-11am, 5pm-7pm until 23 December traffic is suspended for about 30 minutes from Galeb factory to Zakučac intersection, detour: DC8 Adriatic road-Omiš-Podstrana (Strožanac)-Ž6142 regional road-Podstrana (Strožanac)-Žrnovnica-Srinjine-Tugare-Naklice.
- 1 and 2 December 8pm-6am on the route: Zagreb-DC1 state road-Rakov Potok-Draganić-Ilovac-Karlovac-Banija-Jarče Polje-Vukova Gorica-Bosanci-Zdihovo-Severin na Kupi-Stubica-Dobra-Skrad-Kupjak-Oštrovica junction-A6 motorway-Kikovica junction-DC3 state road opposite direction-Soboli-Buzdohanj-Svilno-Orehovica-Banska Vrata-Rijeka port;
- until 31 December 8am-4pm traffic is occasionally suspended at Žuta Lokva junction.